Basil Almond Pesto Pasta.
A refreshing post-festive recipe!
Perfect for lunches or dinners. Can be served hot or cold, meaning it is a great quick dinner or a perfect lunch 'on the go' option. Here is the recipe.
1 x packet of fresh basil
100 ml of almond milk
2 Tbsp of Free & Easy dairy free cheese
1 x veg stock cube
1 tsp of garlic powder
30g of almonds
salt and pepper
Natural Yeast to sprinkle over the top
1 tsp of flaxseed
150g of corn/rice pasta - I used Morrison's Free-From.
1. To a blender add basil, garlic, milk, almonds & stock cube. Blend.
2. Add dairy-free cheese in powder form and blend once again.
3. In a pan boil 150g of pasta, adding any veggies you fancy to go along with this dish - I used broccoli and courgettes and peas.
4. After the pasta and veg have had 10 minutes to cook, drain off the water.
5. Add sauce from blender to your past and veg in your pan.
6. Allow sauce to heat up and reach boiling point. Once achieved - plate up.
7. Add salt, pepper, sprinkle over some natural yeast ( fab for B12 ) finally top with 1 tsp of flaxseed if you wish.
8. Serve hot and enjoy! Or add to an air tight container and store in the fridge to eat chilled.
Try this recipe and let me know what you think! Do you prefer if over normal pesto? Can you tell the difference?
Let me know.
Enjoy, love and peace.