TripAdvisor's Top Destinations 2019, Cruise News & Self-Development
It has been sometime since I have sat down and written. My days seem to be running away with me at the moment. My phone never seems to stop. I seem to spend my day doing my computer work & getting myself up to date, then my evening and early morning answering messages and doing my social media posts. People forget how much time this takes and from starting at 7.30am by 10pm my brain IS FRIED. Even my time 'out' for me is me watching YouTube videos on self-development, how to balance life and so on. It isn't just random T.V. I am still learning and working in a weird way. For people who think we do nothing -- please just take a hot minute to think before you judge. In the last few weeks, despite the stress and the trying to balance everything my mindset has come a long way. I am beginning to regain & rediscover myself. Not discard myself and my ambitions in life.
When we begin suffering with a chronic illness we lose our sense of self almost over night. Our lives are turned UPSIDE down and we find it hard to know where to begin and how to pick up the pieces.
For me.. the cruise I went on in September opened lots of doors for me. It gave me hope, confidence and that fight back to not allow my illness to carry on taking from me. I have thrown myself into learning, into gaining skills, becoming better at all areas of the businesses I have taken on and manage everything
Today I felt it was important to share with you some cruise news from the past week, some of TripAdvisor's top destinations to visit for inspiration and the self-development I am exercising everyday to free myself.
Top Cruise NEWS:
1. Royal Caribbean lost it's founder Edwin Stephen this week.
Edwin had been the long-time President & vice chairman of the board. At 87 Edwin passed away on 8th November. Edwin founded the Royal Caribbean in 1969, the next year under his leadership the line launched the Sony Of Norway. Royal Caribbean is now the second largest cruise line with 63 ships across seven continents. Edwin was responsible for a number of inventions including the Viking Crown Lounge and open air decks.
Our sympathies go to his friends and family but we can all take great inspiration from this amazing businessman who has enhanced the lives of so many. Giving families the best holidays, the greatest memories and adventures that dreams are made of.
2. MSC Christened the GORGEOUS GRANDISA.
This ship is gorgeous. With design help from the one and only Sophia Loren, a Swarovski staircase, Cirque du Soleil shows, partnering with Lego for their children's areas, F1 Simulator, basketball court and a stunning promenade full of amazing shops. Not to mention the new technology, the ZOE which allows guests to order room service, book activities, book and reserve seats for shows & book dining options. The MSC was christened in Hamburg on 9th November before heading to South Hampton and heading out on a med cruise beginning today.
3. MSC are going CARBON NEUTRAL IN JANUARY!
MSC aims to develop a carbon offset portfolio that incorporates projects to restore ocean and coastal habitats while also absorbing more CO2 that currently. They are committed to delivering a zero-emissions operation that focuses on energy efficiency and other aspects. Since 2017 ALL new MSC ships come equipped with ship-to-shore power facilities, a feature that would allow cruise ships to stop emitting any emissions.
Top places to visit 2019 ( TripAdvisor) :
1. London, U.K
2. Paris, France
6. Phuket, Thailand
8. Istanbul, Turkey
9. Marrakech, Morocco
10. Dubai, United Arab Emirates
11. Prague, Czech Republic
12. Siem Reap, Cambodia
13 New York City, New YORK
15. Hanio, Vietnam
16. Tokyo, Japan
17. Playa del Carmen, Mexico
18. Lisbon, Portugal
19. Kathmandu, Nepal
20. Jaipur, India
21. Hurghada, Egypt
22. Hong Kong, China
24. Sydney, Australia
25. Tel Aviv, Israel
There are a LOT of amazing places on that list. Some short-haul and some long-haul. I know some of you will be reading this list, thinking and MAKING EXCUSES to why you can't travel to these places. I challenge you to pick ONE just ONE place on this list that you would love to visit in 2020. DO NOT PICK THE EASY OPTION! Challenge yourself. Worried about going on your own? If you don't voice your dreams and goals how do you know who would love to come with you, or tag along. Unfortunately we aren't mind readers. Where there is a will there is a way. Don't make excuses. Set a goal and mind-map out a chart on how you are going to. What is your budget, what time of year is good for you, what you will need: ID, suitcase, vaccines ( if needed ), paperwork, visas and so on. 'Organisation is the key to success.' MAKE IT HAPPEN. START 2020 with a new sense of adventure, it is the hardest thing in the work to commit to facing our fears but when we do we thrive off the buzz.
How am I practising self-development?
What am I doing today? I am challenging my own fears! How?
1. Failure. The fear of failure is something that haunts me to my core. Changing my mindset on failure and realising we are ALL HUMANS we make mistakes and mistakes are lessons to grow from is life changing. You realise that it is healthy to recognise as mistakes and work hard to learn from them. Not discard them, not point the blame elsewhere and most IMPORTANTLY not allow them to eat away at you.
2. Pain. This to me when I write it out makes me laugh a little. Why do I fear pain when I have handled & handle SO MUCH PAIN EVERY DAY?! I have always battled through so why am I questioning my strength. Notice & celebrate all the wins you have achieved and realise how strong you are. Free that space in your mind that was filled with worry and focus on projects, passions and what fills you with joy. Nobody is immune and worrying won't make you immune- it will just make you unhappy.
3. Judgements! Argh judgements are a killer for me. I have spent all my life worrying what others thought of me. Allowing myself to stick on the labels they were throwing at me for the world to see. For accepting their words as gospel and allowing them to influence my self-image. We can't place our happiness is the hands of others. ONLY we are the key to our happiness. WE KNOW the person we are, the work we do and the people we help. That is all that matters. As long as we are being the best person we can be - we should be proud of ourselves. Often people who place labels or push judgements onto others have issues of their own they try to get rid of by placing them elsewhere rather than dealing head on with them themselves.
I hope all the info today you have found helpful in some way. I hope you to can begin changing your mindset and taking on fears. I have faith in you, like I am placing faith in myself.
Thank you for reading, my love always - Sophie xoxo