It is Friday - it has been a long week and many of you can't bothered to cook, you just want to sit down chill out and binge on comfort, easy food.
Today I wanted to try to get you to understand the damage of this EASY bad habit.
Takeaway - do you really want one? Do you know the harm it is doing to your body?
It is home truths and wake up time!!
1. Some dishes are said to use a preservative called butylhydroquinone a derived form of petroleum! Yep the highly toxic stuff you put in your car - YUM. As well as colourings: monosodium, glutamate and more.
2. Low quality ingredients, the cheapest patrs of meats are used and the cheapest products across the board are used. Is your chicken chewy? Yum all the fatty bits.
3.Food Safety - takeaways rarely invest properly in food safety and food hygiene training, they are all about shortcuts, cheap products, low employer wages in order to keep your prices low, so money for training is not at the top of the list.
3. Food prep ( or lack off ), frying and microwaving frozen foods saves the hassle of worrying about food contamination so much, so you won't you will never see your burger being handmade in front of you nice a fresh.
4. The cheap meats that are used are too fatty, processed, artificial and toxic for the body! The fats can NEVER be broken down by your digestive enzymes, so the fat is stored in the body - hello weight gain. This is why people struggle to lose weight, they drop weight quickly because it is simply just water weight but then they can't lose anymore because they have so much of these fat stores in the body that can never be removed, and unfortunately they are stored mainly around your organs so all around your stomach, chest and can spread to your bum and legs.
7. The heavy amount of sugar and salt - salt dehydrating you, causing water retention and weight gain and the sugar is cheap refined sugar that again the body can not break down ( always try to use plant-based sugars or natural sweeteners ) as heavy refined sugar causes type 2 diabetes.
8. Fast food is addictive, the more you eat the more you crave. This is due to the cheap artificial chemicals placed in the foods that trick and mess with your brain.
9. Love a good fry up or McMuffin? Eggs have glycerin in which is found in soap and dimethylpolysiloxane a type of silicone found in Silly Putty and lubricates - wow sounds yummy!
10. Burgers -
50% water and the meat content ranges from 2.1-14.8 %, what makes up the rest of it you ask? Chemical fillers and preservatives.
11. Chicken nuggets are the worse - preservatives called TBHQ which cause nausea, vomiting and sometimes even DEATH are present in them and some contain dimethylpoysiloxane made from mechanically-separated chicken, a slimy mixture of processed bones and carcass of left-over chicken.
12. The food - does it really taste that good? Do you feel good after it?
13. Those grill marks on your burgers were put on when being processed in the factory.
14. That curry ? Is properly got all sorts of left over meat in.
15. Those milkshakes you wash down, contain more than 50 types of chemicals.
16. The cheap syrups placed in all fast food trick your brain into wanting more.
17.1 hamburger can contain the meat from over 100 different cows.
So please think before ringing up your local chippy tonight or jumping in the car to go through a drive through, pick up a pizza or a greasy curry.
Those meals you carry with you for life and those chemicals won't be preventing those deadly diseases anytime soon.
My View On The BBC's Program.
I sat down with an open-mind, at first they were positive about nutritious rich foods - coconut oil, goji berries, flaxseeds and chia seeds etc.
Then they really slated them - yes they are expensive and their experiments weren't exactly accurate - but all will become clear.
They did a breakfast task - what is the best breakfast for you.
-Egg and Bacon
-Fruit with Yoghurt.
FIRST issue we have is they have combined fruit with a dairy product and also cereal with a dairy product. Alkaline and acidic enzymes are going to struggle to digest - DAIRY is toxic.
Anyways three people took part then did a work out after to see which dish gave them the most energy.
Cereal and the fruit were more or less equal, the person who had eaten the egg and bacon calculated slight lower results.
However they argued that cereal and the eggs and bacon kept them 'fuller' for longer and the participants ate less for lunch because of this.
OF COURSE THIS IS THE CASE - fruit is alkaline and can digest within an hour, it will have taken longer with the dairy but alkaline foods digest faster.
The cereal is processed, the milk is toxic and acidic and the meat and the egg is also highly acidic, it takes meat 4-5 hours atleast ( if you have GOOD digestion ) to be fully digested by the body, dairy also takes a long time to digest because the body has to work so hard to break all the chemicals down, so yes they will have still felt 'full' because their bodies are still working so hard to break down the foods they consumed, they don't tell you how many nutrients these people have missed absorbing and how much energy the body has wasted breaking down this food. Meaning they may be 'full' at that present moment (even though they haven't fully understood that they aren't full as in satisfied from food they are bloated full) once their food has finally digested they will just end up over eating because they are low on energy and so hungry.
However they concluded you shouldn't always pick fruit for breakfast you should pick cereal or even the meat and eggs to ensure you stay fuller for longer - hmmm.
They went on to slate smoothies - they showed that when the smoothies are first consumed the stomach is presented with loads of great nutrients but once they all hit the intestine they are weaken and not absorbed fully. What they fail to see and address is that their smoothies contain milk and yogurt - so of course when the food is being broken down alkaline enzymes vs acidic enzymes absorption is decreased as the acidic dairy gets digested first so all the good nutrients decrease in nutritional value and aren't absorbed.
But this is not recognized - the end conclusion - SMOOTHIES ARE ALL A MONEY MAKING GAME AND NOT WORTH IT.
WELL MAKE YOUR OWN, AND FOOD COMBINE CORRECTLY THEN MAYBE YOU WOULD GET THE NUTRIENTS YOU NEED.
Next were vitamin tablets - they proved that tablets don't get absorbed by your body ( HENCE WHY I HAVE TOLD YOU TO PURCHASE SPRAYS!)
So this is one factor they did get correct.
This was just totally ridiculous in my eyes. They said we only need 1 litre a day!! Which is a joke - I drink atleast 3 litres, to keep hydrated, and keep my digestion as good as possible.
They did a 'study' where they had three people - one drinking coffee, one on water and one on milk to see who was more 'hydrated'
There conclusion is just shocking - water is digested by the body in 20 minutes ( so yes you do go to the toilet more often the more you drink ) and coffee is a dietetic so again you go to the toilet more.
Now the more you go to the toilet after drinking water the clearer your wee is - so the MORE hydrated you are and healthier you are.
However the BBC conclude that because the person drinking milk hardly went to the toilet and the milk contain, fats, potassium and protein meant the body was MORE HYDRATED because it had retained the liquid and the nutrients from the milk! YES the body has retained the liquid because it is working really hard to digest it!! Then you have the fact of the salt - hello, salt dehydrates you? And the fats are acidic and will take atleast 5 hours for the body to break down.
I was so angered by this conclusion - completely clueless it seems. Even a 5 year old knows water hydrates you.
They proved detox diets didn't work and a balanced diet worked better for your weight -YAY thats a good thing to promote, but they were really pushing dairy and protein. When really protein should only be making up 5% of our daily intake as most proteins like eggs, meat and dairy are toxic to the body.
They brought up B12 and I know a lot of you will sit here and say veg, fruit and grains are the reason you are defiant in B12 - well actually B12 comes from the soil, we are defiant because we wash our veggies and fruits. Meat eaters only get B12 because farmers feed their live stock B12 to help them grow so it is passed through the food chain to yourselves, but you would probably find the quality of the B12 useless and if you had a blood test you would probably be defiant too - so maybe think before you call out vegetarians, vegans and alternative diets are unhealthy!
They then finished on the note that not to listen about superfood and eating too healthy, just eat a balanced diet. I conclude to not listen to the media - as above you can see their experiments are flawed, they are driven by money through industries (meat and dairy) to promote them and never once did that interview people about what they were eating and how they were feeling, that is why I believe that peoples stories and seeing how they live, eat and thrive is where the truth lies.
So you can look up some plant-based stories for yourselves and see the results - see how they thrive.
The BBC seriously need to do more research.
Anyways I am going to round this off - sorry it has been a lot of info for you to take in today and with my head throbbing from 34 injections this post has taken forever, plus I am STILL finishing off editing but didn't want to gt this out too late to you tonight and felt the point raised are very important.
Thank you for reading and I hope you take note and have learnt a lot.
LOVE AND PEACE XO