Perfect for lunches or dinners. Can be served hot or cold, meaning it is a great quick dinner or a perfect lunch 'on the go' option. Here is the recipe.
1 x packet of fresh basil
100 ml of almond milk
2 Tbsp of Free & Easy dairy free cheese
1 x veg stock cube
1 tsp of garlic powder
30g of almonds
salt and pepper
Natural Yeast to sprinkle over the top
1 tsp of flaxseed
150g of corn/rice pasta - I used Morrison's Free-From.
1. To a blender add basil, garlic, milk, almonds & stock cube. Blend.
2. Add dairy-free cheese in powder form and blend once again.
3. In a pan boil 150g of pasta, adding any veggies you fancy to go along with this dish - I used broccoli and courgettes and peas.
4. After the pasta and veg have had 10 minutes to cook, drain off the water.
5. Add sauce from blender to your past and veg in your pan.
6. Allow sauce to heat up and reach boiling point. Once achieved - plate up.
7. Add salt, pepper, sprinkle over some natural yeast ( fab for B12 ) finally top with 1 tsp of flaxseed if you wish.
8. Serve hot and enjoy! Or add to an air tight container and store in the fridge to eat chilled.
Try this recipe and let me know what you think! Do you prefer if over normal pesto? Can you tell the difference?
Let me know.
Enjoy, love and peace.
Feeling sluggish and rubbish when you have woken up? Get boosting up on bananas the more the better - they will help settle your stomach, boosting digestion, they are a mood enhancer, they will give you the energy you need and keep you full. Buy my book for banana receipe ideas.
Wake up every morning and ATLEAST have one glass of lemon water before doing anything else! Ideally try to drink a litre of water. The lemon wakes up your digestive system ready for the day and has great cleansing properties.
Check your dairy and meat intake - dairy can sit in your system for up to seven days unable to digest properly. Meaning other foods also get neglected and nurtients aren't absorbed properly and you feel extremely bloated. Go and smell your food bin, your stomach will be in that state. Rotting foods in your belly - hmm nice.
DO NOT FEAR CARBS - THEY ARE NOT THE ENEMY! CARB UP!!
Bananas, Rice, Potatoes, Leafy Greens, Corn, Beans, Lentils etc PACK THEM IN GO MAD.
NEVER COUNT CALORIES - NEVER RESTRICT!! These restriction 'starvation' diets who tell you to only eat 500 calories a day then have a treat day - where you binge out and eat WAY too much, is simply messing up your metabolism and on your binge days yours body stores all the fat meaning you gain weight because it knows it is going to go back into starvation mode and needs to hold onto every little thing it can. HELLO WEIGHT GAIN.
Life is too short not to live it to the full, making yourself happy.