Wow another month passes us by, but May looks to be a good'en for food allergy awareness.
Share your experiences right here, reach out, or contact me via my socials;
Twitter & Snapchat @sophwardy
So many of us suffer from one or a number of allergens that effect the way we can enjoy foods. It can be heart breaking to give up your favourite foods and dishes. With research, with spreading the word and gaining more knowledge we can help educate food companies, manufacturers & food outlets so they are inspired to create more dishes, food & products that are suitable for us to enjoy.
That's the goal here.
Spread the word, awareness & open the door to the exciting unknown welcoming lots more products to be created, food ideas to come to light and allow ourselves to once again enjoy foods we truly missed. Without being ill.
So here are April's Top Picks, I have been enjoying these 5 products this month. Please give them a try and enjoy them for yourselves.
1. Nak'd'sPostBites; these are so yummy, I prefer them over all the dairy-free chocolates on the market. Made with dried fruits ( dates), seeds and nuts they are sweet, nutritious and super delicious. A brilliant guilt free snack.
There are three flavours; sea salt, raspberry & mandarin. I have only tried the raspberry this month but the sea salt are the way to me. I am super excited to try them. Available online at Holland & Barrett.
2. Nak'd's lime raisins, yes they were in February's top picks too and there are the cherry & cola flavours but lime are by far my favourite. Easy on the go snacks that nutritious and tasty. Great to add with nuts & to your cinema treat bag.
3. Holland & Barrett's Raspberry Cacao Nib's only available in store. They are part of Holland and Barrett's personal range and they are super yummy. They come in a small snack size bag, so amazing for an on the go snack. Their chocolate taste makes them seem naughtier than they are. Loaded with seeds & dried fruit they are nutritionally dense. If you are around or visiting a Holland and Barrett add these to your basket to try.
4. Seaweed, whether you fancy a yummy sushi / cucumber roll, seaweed crisps or to top a stir fry with, then seaweed is a fabulous choice. Full of great vitamins and with soy sauce it is just heavenly ( well in my book ). My eyes were opened to Japanese in February and I can't wait to go and dine at another to get my cucumber roll fix.
5. Free From Easter Eggs - I bet I am not the only one here who is grateful and thankful for the Free From ranges. These types of products mean we can feel included in 'life's' celebrations and enjoy them along with everyone else. This means so much to someone who has been used to having to munch on an apple and miss out because there wasn't a product they could enjoy on these special days. So thank you Free From! You have made millions enjoy the celebrations we all deserve to enjoy.
So that rounds up April.
This month has been a little bit of a whirlwind so I haven't been as experimental or researched as much as I normally do. However grab & try some of the options above and let me know how you get on!
If any - go with the Posh Bites, you won't regret trying them. Amazing.
Also as you can see from the picture below I have still been enjoying my Edamame bean pasta. Available at Holland and Barrett each serving contains 24g of protein. Other allergy-friendly pastas only contain an average of 6g and they lack flavour. This Edamame pasta is packed with nutrients & flavour! So give this a go! Even the Daily Mail praised it and gave it a 5*. What are you waiting for?
Enjoy the last few days of April and look forward to May.
Love and peace
Feeling sluggish and rubbish when you have woken up? Get boosting up on bananas the more the better - they will help settle your stomach, boosting digestion, they are a mood enhancer, they will give you the energy you need and keep you full. Buy my book for banana receipe ideas.
Wake up every morning and ATLEAST have one glass of lemon water before doing anything else! Ideally try to drink a litre of water. The lemon wakes up your digestive system ready for the day and has great cleansing properties.
Check your dairy and meat intake - dairy can sit in your system for up to seven days unable to digest properly. Meaning other foods also get neglected and nurtients aren't absorbed properly and you feel extremely bloated. Go and smell your food bin, your stomach will be in that state. Rotting foods in your belly - hmm nice.
DO NOT FEAR CARBS - THEY ARE NOT THE ENEMY! CARB UP!!
Bananas, Rice, Potatoes, Leafy Greens, Corn, Beans, Lentils etc PACK THEM IN GO MAD.
NEVER COUNT CALORIES - NEVER RESTRICT!! These restriction 'starvation' diets who tell you to only eat 500 calories a day then have a treat day - where you binge out and eat WAY too much, is simply messing up your metabolism and on your binge days yours body stores all the fat meaning you gain weight because it knows it is going to go back into starvation mode and needs to hold onto every little thing it can. HELLO WEIGHT GAIN.
Life is too short not to live it to the full, making yourself happy.