1. Only 50 % of people will get the bulletpoint bite mark & rash.
2. Antibiotics after a month of being infected are no longer effective. After a month antibodies leave the bloodstream and begin attacking your tissues and organs and have put a coil around themselves so that the immune system no longer recognises them and does not attack them. Allowing the antibodies to reproduce, cause more damage and they begin changing the DNA of your cells. Within 20 minutes of antibiotics entering the body the antibodies notice and hide, reproducing and creating coils around themselves. Herbal medicines at this point is the most effective treatment method.
3. Regular blood tests are not intense enough to pick up on the parasites that are causing Lymes. Only specialist, intense blood tests will be able to give you accurate results. These are expensive. Leading to many people never being diagnosed and mis-diagnosed.
4. The average is 2-3 years for people to be dignosed with Lymes. This is alarming. This is enough time for the parasites to really set up home within your organs. Leading to chronic Lymes and a lifetime of treatment to simply manage symptoms as well as more serious damage that can not be repaired.
5. Lymes Disease can cause up to 300 different symptoms. That can change daily. Everyone is different as people who are infected with Lymes are more than likely infected with a number of other viruses and infections that also cause horrible and different symptoms. Making it so hard to diagnose because everyone has similar symptoms but everyone is suffering differently with a number of different number of the similar symptoms.
6. A tick can be as small as a full stop at the end of a sentence!! They are so easy to miss and with 25% of them carrying Lymes we really have to be alert.
7. Lymes is an epidemic! More widespread than AIDS! It's in every continent except Antarctic. With 325,000 cases each year in the U.S alone. Yet that could only be a fraction of people as so many are mis-diagnosed, taking the wrong tests or told their symptoms are all in their heads.
8. Over 90% of Western medicines do not work for people with chronic Lymes.
9. Health insurers refuse to accept that chronic Lyme disease exists as treatment is expensive and they don't want to pay out for a lifetime of treatment for people. Leading people to sell their homes, spend thousands, use their savings & pensions, have family help out, just to pay for their treatment.
10. There are 12 stains or Borella bacteria that causes Lymes. However standard tests only test for 1 strain.
11. Lymes isn't just carried by ticks but by spiders, mozzies and mites.
12. If effected by Lymes treatment will be required through pregnancy. As the parasites can work their way through the placenta and also attack the unborn baby's organs. People who have been mis-diagnosed or not realised they are suffering from Lymes and have had children have unfortunately had children suffering from upsetting health problems related to the heart, brain or memory complications, limbs missing, nervous system problems or paralysed. It's hard enough suffering yourself without having a loved one suffer as well.
13. Since Lymes Disease became known and regnosied as a disease in the 80's the U.S Government have only funded 4 research projects. Believing it isn't a serious or wide spread disease. After almost 40 years this is why so many of us are in the dark and this disease that may not have been that widespread at first is now an epidemic.
14. Chronic Lymes means you will have up's and down's. Highs and blips where treatment may need to re-start, change or being increased.
15. Treatment is expensive as well the tests for Lymes.
16. Lymes Disease kills! Mis-diagnosis or incorrect treatment can be fatal.
17. Treatment often causes a herx reaction, meaning a worsening of symptoms and flu like symptoms. This can happen when begin treatment, switching treatments or increase treatment. This reaction is the body trying to fight off the extra toxins the treatment is removing from your tissues.
18. The UK do not carry out tests for Lymes. Our nearest clinic to send bloods to is in Germany.
I myself am guilty of having zero knowledge about Lymes Disease before being diagnosed last month. The more I learn the scarier the reality is. However this knowledge is so important because awareness needs to be spread. More, so much moreresearch needs to be carried out.
It's hard to have to accept that the road is going to be a very long one. The journey may never truly end. Though improvements is what we live for. This is often hard to swallow on the down days when you are truly exhausted from fighting. Sick of the pain. Sick of the guilt that burns within you watching your loved ones go through the pain with you.
I fear the need for research is being ignored because these big medical companies know that this disease can only really be treated effectively through herbal remedies- meaning they will lose money as we won't be purchasing endless amounts of antibiotics and Western medicine. They can't afford for us to stop purchasing their goods. Meaning our health suffers. This isn't right!
I have so much to learn. To help myself and hopefully help others, raise awareness.
Feeling sluggish and rubbish when you have woken up? Get boosting up on bananas the more the better - they will help settle your stomach, boosting digestion, they are a mood enhancer, they will give you the energy you need and keep you full. Buy my book for banana receipe ideas.
Wake up every morning and ATLEAST have one glass of lemon water before doing anything else! Ideally try to drink a litre of water. The lemon wakes up your digestive system ready for the day and has great cleansing properties.
Check your dairy and meat intake - dairy can sit in your system for up to seven days unable to digest properly. Meaning other foods also get neglected and nurtients aren't absorbed properly and you feel extremely bloated. Go and smell your food bin, your stomach will be in that state. Rotting foods in your belly - hmm nice.
DO NOT FEAR CARBS - THEY ARE NOT THE ENEMY! CARB UP!!
Bananas, Rice, Potatoes, Leafy Greens, Corn, Beans, Lentils etc PACK THEM IN GO MAD.
NEVER COUNT CALORIES - NEVER RESTRICT!! These restriction 'starvation' diets who tell you to only eat 500 calories a day then have a treat day - where you binge out and eat WAY too much, is simply messing up your metabolism and on your binge days yours body stores all the fat meaning you gain weight because it knows it is going to go back into starvation mode and needs to hold onto every little thing it can. HELLO WEIGHT GAIN.
Life is too short not to live it to the full, making yourself happy.