2017, it’s been up and it’s been down. There has been sadness, pain, joy andlaughter.
Everyone makes resolutions for the coming year but not many look back and take lessons from the year before through to the following year. We just box off the year at midnight and pray for the best year yet.
So I hope to post a new kind of post, displaying what I have learnt from this year.
All our resolutions are positives and we often complain about the previous year about our mistakes or failures yet never think about how we can grow from them or avoid them in the coming weeks, months and years.
Here we go:
1. Be grateful for that everything; I mean everything it does matter if it’s a cup of coffee or a travel trip. We are here, breathing and looking. We are able to enjoy these luxuries. We don’t know what the future can bring and there may b come a time that these luxuries we can no longer enjoy.
2. Family is everything; you only get one family and we get limited time with everyone. Don’t waste time, declining events or time spent with family. They are truly special and irreplaceable.
3. I do my best always: I never go half way, I always give everything 120 per cent. I should celebrate my efforts and be at peace inside or kicking myself and blaming myself. It only spread negative energy.
4. Negative energy has no place in my life: I have enough negatives going on without added negative energy and vibes from friends, family and outside sources. I don’t need to hear moaning, arguing and so on. Life is too short.
5. True friends: I have lost friends I thought were forever sadly and learnt who my true friends are through my ill health.
6. I was diagnosed with Lyme Disease andnmy journey began: this diagnosis was a huge blow to myself and my family but also enlightening. I now knew what I was fighting.
7. I gained so much knowledge : knowledgenis power. I know I keep saying it but it’s so true. We must continue to learn to aid ourselves in all areas of life.
8. I was referred to my Professor who I owe my life to: I was so, SO lucky to have gotten referred and seen by my professor and I honestly would not know what to do without him. He is the funniest, uplifting, intelligent professor and the only medical professional I trust.
9. No matter what your mood or pain situtation ALWAYS spread love and kindness: you may not work full time, be the life and soul of the party or always able to present. But leave footprints on people’s hearts with love.
10. Leave a legacy: whether it’s because you had a heart of gold or all your work projects. Ensure people know you were here and hopefully made a good impression on people’s lives.
11. I am stronger than I think: my professor in March told me that I was doing well to sit infront of him, that it was surprising I’d made the 5 hour journey to see him. I knew how poorly I felt but always dismissed my pain and got mad at myself for not being able to do everything / not dealing better with the pain.
Yet I am always where I need to be.
I always try and make everyday a productive one even if it’s a bad day.
12. I’m a cat with nine lives: I have nearly died a handful of times this year. Whether it’s from thinking I can’t breathe, chest pains and suspected heart attack, serotonin syndrome and scary symptoms. That I now don’t fear death. I can’t dodge fate, we all have a purpose and limited time on Earth.
If it’s my time to go, it’s my time to go. So there is no point stressing and getting myself panic.
13. Help people: this is not only a good lesson and trait to imbed in your soul but it gives you a purpose.
14. I’ve met some AMAZING people: I am so lucky to have met some inspiration people this year. From fellow sufferers to followers. You all mean the world to me.
You inspire me everyday. You make me feel less crazy and never alone.
15. I am stronger than the judgements: I’ve faced many judgements over the years. And despite a lot of the time feeling wounded and upset by them I always continue to smile and act strong.
16. Find the positives in everything: finding the positives makes every situtation so much better!! Even hospital stays. There are positives in every situation to be found. You have a choice to make the best of life or moan an cause extra sadness.
17. Accept me and adapt :
I can’t do a lot of things. I always felt bad and out of place. I have to accept my condition, accept I bring other qualities and skills to the board. Maybe it’s best andna blessing to be the black sheep.
As long as I tried my best and spread kindness that’s enough.
We must keep adapting to our situations to enable our survival and fight for our places on Earth.
Even if 2017 hasn’t been your year try to make everything into a positive. See failures as lessons, challenges as character & strength building and most importantly be grateful- grateful for everything.
We may not always feel lucky - but we really are the luckiest.
Love to all...
Let’s make 2018 the best year possible.
Feeling sluggish and rubbish when you have woken up? Get boosting up on bananas the more the better - they will help settle your stomach, boosting digestion, they are a mood enhancer, they will give you the energy you need and keep you full. Buy my book for banana receipe ideas.
Wake up every morning and ATLEAST have one glass of lemon water before doing anything else! Ideally try to drink a litre of water. The lemon wakes up your digestive system ready for the day and has great cleansing properties.
Check your dairy and meat intake - dairy can sit in your system for up to seven days unable to digest properly. Meaning other foods also get neglected and nurtients aren't absorbed properly and you feel extremely bloated. Go and smell your food bin, your stomach will be in that state. Rotting foods in your belly - hmm nice.
DO NOT FEAR CARBS - THEY ARE NOT THE ENEMY! CARB UP!!
Bananas, Rice, Potatoes, Leafy Greens, Corn, Beans, Lentils etc PACK THEM IN GO MAD.
NEVER COUNT CALORIES - NEVER RESTRICT!! These restriction 'starvation' diets who tell you to only eat 500 calories a day then have a treat day - where you binge out and eat WAY too much, is simply messing up your metabolism and on your binge days yours body stores all the fat meaning you gain weight because it knows it is going to go back into starvation mode and needs to hold onto every little thing it can. HELLO WEIGHT GAIN.
Life is too short not to live it to the full, making yourself happy.