24 Things That Make Life.
We all have goals, dreams and aspirations that we keep living and fighting for.
Sometimes we have to look at the simple things that bring us joy and what fill our lives with a touch of happiness.
Somethings on this list may seem a little silly to you. Why aren’t they ‘crazier’. When you suffer with chronic illness everything means the world!!
So here we go;
1. Family: they are irreplaceable!
2. Friends: you battle every battle together.
3. Food: everyone loves a good meal.
4. My hobbies: they bring me a lot of joy and I love seeing the end product.
5. Celebrations: I love an excuse for a celebration!! Life can get on top of us it’s important to remind ourselves of our victories, successes and celebrating life.
6. Travel: travelling is the best way to learn.
7. Gaining knowledge: learning something new just makes you feel stronger.
8. Hot herbal teas and coffees: to warm up and soothe my throat.
9. My dreams: I don’t want to give up on my dreams.
10. To help people. I may not feel happiness but I want others to.
11. The sun: the heat of the sun warms you inside and out.
12. Socialising: you never want to feel alone.
13. Memories: so important to create and cherish.
14. My battle: I can’t surrender.
15. Prove people wrong: I know everyone expects me to fall, I will do anything not to!!
16. Angels: I believe in angels protecting me.
17. White feathers: sent from heaven to show that someone is watching over me.
18. Quotes: to inspire me.
19. Kindness- it’s free and brings so much happiness.
20. Love - love is the best medicine.
21. Dream catchers: keeping hope.
22. Precious moments: moments that mean the world to you.
23. Stars: you can keep shining.
24. My work: my blog, and all my research. It’s often stressful balancing everything but I enjoy it so much. I am inspired and cheered on by you all everyday which pushes me to keep fighting!! Thank you!! I am SO grateful to you all!!!
We all live for different reasons and our circumstances impact our own lists. Yet many of us value you same things in life.
Those are the most importanr points we must remind ourselves daily.
Feeling sluggish and rubbish when you have woken up? Get boosting up on bananas the more the better - they will help settle your stomach, boosting digestion, they are a mood enhancer, they will give you the energy you need and keep you full. Buy my book for banana receipe ideas.
Wake up every morning and ATLEAST have one glass of lemon water before doing anything else! Ideally try to drink a litre of water. The lemon wakes up your digestive system ready for the day and has great cleansing properties.
Check your dairy and meat intake - dairy can sit in your system for up to seven days unable to digest properly. Meaning other foods also get neglected and nurtients aren't absorbed properly and you feel extremely bloated. Go and smell your food bin, your stomach will be in that state. Rotting foods in your belly - hmm nice.
DO NOT FEAR CARBS - THEY ARE NOT THE ENEMY! CARB UP!!
Bananas, Rice, Potatoes, Leafy Greens, Corn, Beans, Lentils etc PACK THEM IN GO MAD.
NEVER COUNT CALORIES - NEVER RESTRICT!! These restriction 'starvation' diets who tell you to only eat 500 calories a day then have a treat day - where you binge out and eat WAY too much, is simply messing up your metabolism and on your binge days yours body stores all the fat meaning you gain weight because it knows it is going to go back into starvation mode and needs to hold onto every little thing it can. HELLO WEIGHT GAIN.
Life is too short not to live it to the full, making yourself happy.