Upset, loss, pain, heartbreak and sadness seem to fill our days and nights. How do we get over blows that make us feel like our worlds are falling apart. We watch our family and friends live a happy and successful life.
You are in a cage, you can’t understand that seems to have you handcuffed to the bars with the keys out of reach.
You learn on the job - literally.
There isn’t a right or wrong. Every decision has its pro’s and con’s. There always seems consequences.
5 obstacles we come up against and how to make peace.
1. Friends: losing friends and loved ones is soul destroying but they tell us if ‘we love something let it go.’ I automatically push loved ones away to protect them. This often leads to them leaving and walking out of my life.
We mourn the loss and we personally hurt but we saved them from there extra pain. Is that better?
Finding peace: real friends will understand and try to understand. They will support you no matter what. If they choose to leave they may not be the friends you truly need around you.
2. A person you don’t know anymore:
You feel pain you never thought you would have to deal with. Pain changes you. This is hard to accept and make peace with.
How to find peace: realise and celebrate the strength you do have to battle through. Keep a kind heart and you will always be you.
3. Guilt: we blame ourselves for our pain, for our illness and our mistakes. It’s a vicious cycle. Guilt can allow you soul to rot. It’s a dangerous game to keep playing. It can lead to a very unhealthy mind & lifestyle. People sometimes turning to dangerous methods to numb the feelings and ‘escape’.
How to find peace: make everyday purposeful, remember to find your worth. We can’t control what cards fate hands us but we do have the choice of how to play them.
We are all guilty of something in someway. So you aren’t the ultimate problem. We all make mistakes and cause problems.
4. Set backs: set backs in any form is heartbreaking. We all want the quick fix. When you feel sick to your stomach it’s even worse. You just want to be put to sleep and wake up with everything fixed. You blame yourself for your set backs. Which feeds your guilt and lowers your mood.
How to find peace?
Set backs help us learn and push us further. They make our roads bumpy so we don’t get complacent. We can cry and let our emotions out but then we must use our bumps as motivation to keep working towards the ultimate goal.
5. Life. Life the biggest one. Life that is so cruel, difficult yet has a few glimmers of light which is what you live for. Always disheartened and mourning the old life you used to lead.
How to make peace? Without your illness you wouldn’t have the strength you do today. We may not be living as we had ‘planned’ but we can make the best of the life we do live. Fight for opportunities and make the most of them. We are gifted with meeting people we wouldn’t have met without walking this path, events, family time, time with friends. Events may be restricted but still living is key.
We work hard to become inspirational to others and our audiences.
All the hurdles above are challenges we face everyday and everyday we have to make peace with ourselves so that we can keep fighting on. The fight never ends.
We must make the best of it.
Find peace is key and allows better days to come.
We may feel like our world is falling apart but life goes on, and we must too. We have a choice.
We have a choice.
Feeling sluggish and rubbish when you have woken up? Get boosting up on bananas the more the better - they will help settle your stomach, boosting digestion, they are a mood enhancer, they will give you the energy you need and keep you full. Buy my book for banana receipe ideas.
Wake up every morning and ATLEAST have one glass of lemon water before doing anything else! Ideally try to drink a litre of water. The lemon wakes up your digestive system ready for the day and has great cleansing properties.
Check your dairy and meat intake - dairy can sit in your system for up to seven days unable to digest properly. Meaning other foods also get neglected and nurtients aren't absorbed properly and you feel extremely bloated. Go and smell your food bin, your stomach will be in that state. Rotting foods in your belly - hmm nice.
DO NOT FEAR CARBS - THEY ARE NOT THE ENEMY! CARB UP!!
Bananas, Rice, Potatoes, Leafy Greens, Corn, Beans, Lentils etc PACK THEM IN GO MAD.
NEVER COUNT CALORIES - NEVER RESTRICT!! These restriction 'starvation' diets who tell you to only eat 500 calories a day then have a treat day - where you binge out and eat WAY too much, is simply messing up your metabolism and on your binge days yours body stores all the fat meaning you gain weight because it knows it is going to go back into starvation mode and needs to hold onto every little thing it can. HELLO WEIGHT GAIN.
Life is too short not to live it to the full, making yourself happy.