I am trying not to worry to much about this virus, as worry does no good for us. Stress lowers our immune system defences and uses energy we require for far more important things like keeping our bodies strong.
So, what do we need to know?
Being cautious is key.
Let's break this down:
1. Wash your hands
2. Cover your cough
3. Stay home if you are sick
-think about how you and you family can get ready in case.
- make a back-up child care plan if you fall ill.
-make sure you have a supply of essential medications for your family.
-THERE ARE NO CURRENT RECOMMENDATIONS TO WEAR A MASK TO PREVENT THE DISEASE.
KNOW THE FACTS:
-risk for COVID-19 based on travel contacts & exposure to the virus. No radical, ethnic or culture group is more at risk.
-the most common symptoms of COVID-19 are: *fever *cough
*shortness of breath
What else can we do to help ourselves?
-Follow @FCOtravel on Twitter for travel updates.
-Visit GOV.UK: https://www.gov.uk/government/topical-events/coronavirus-covid-19-uk-government-response ,for all the updates.
- Cook FRESH FOODS, cut out processed foods that aren't feeding our bodies the nutrients it needs to defend it needs.
-You can refer to my last blog to see what fruit and veggies are the best to load up on.
-Use natural ways to detox the body like using lemon on your salads or in your water.
-Don' be overloading your body with toxins!
BUT how do we detox your body?
1. Drink more water, flush out the toxins.
2. Eat more anti-oxidants like berries that defend against cell damage.
3. Feed your body with pre-biotics, antibiotics, alcohol, a poor diet can enable damage to be going on within your body. Rid of the free radials by adding: tomatoes, artichokes, bananas, asparagus, onions, garlic to your diets.
4. Sleep, give you body time to re-set, restore it's energy level to keep fighting.
Simple break down:
- EAT THE RAINBOW
-USE HERBS AND SPICES TO YOUR ADVANTAGE TO REDUCE INFLAMMATIONS AND SUPPORT THE IMMUNE SYSTEM
- WASH YOUR HANDS AND PRACTISE GOOD HYGIENE
-TRACK ANY SYMPTOMS YOU EXPERIENCE
-IF YOU ARE POORLY STAY HOME
-USE GOV.UK AS YOUR MAIN SOURCE OF INFO & UPDATES
What I recommend to pick up & store in?
- A thermometer
- Fresh food - plenty of fruit, veg & fish
- General pain med's
-Tea-tree oil: you can bath in it to help the detoxing process, add it to a bowl of hot water to clear a cold and it is a great natural healer
-Pre-planning meals & freezing them
I know so many of us rely on Western medicine, expect and hope it has all the answers for us. I know with Lyme, that isn't the case. We forget the power of plants & how they keep our bodies strong. Load them up and they will work wonders for you.
I hope you hae found this post useful. I am not willing to start striking up fear in people. If anything I hope to be a calming influence. I hope this post has be spread out, in bullet-point useful tips you can begin adapting into your lives with no BIG changes that causes chaos. It is all just about being cautious.
Head over to my Facebook group: Sophantastic Travel for printable & downloadable fruit & veg vitamin & mineral info to know actually what you should be loading up on!
Keep alert, keep checking in with one another & DON'T FORGET TO STILL LIVE AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE.